Happy New Year! Charitybuzz just closed another incredible year helping our fabulous community of socially conscious bidders do good and live well. From the chance to hang with Taylor Swift backstage to a power lunch with Sean “Diddy” Combs, Charitybuzz.com auctioned more than 9,500 packages to raise more than $25 million for nonprofits in 2012.
While hundreds of celebs hit the auction block, the 12 celebrity auctions below really took the cake, bringing in the highest final bids for charity. Check out the list and let us know which experience is your fav!
TOP 12 CHARITYBUZZ CELEBRITY AUCTIONS OF 2012
1. Meet Bono backstage after you watch a U2 show from VIP seats and score his legendary Irish Falcon Gretsch Guitar, signed and personalized to benefit J/P HRO, Happy Hearts Fund and Artists for Peace in Justice. Final bid: $212,000
2. Have lunch with Mayor Michael Bloomberg in New York City to benefit the Humane Society. Final bid: $185,000
3. A Fender Bass Guitar signed by Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Roger Daltry, Billy Joel, Dave Grohl, Eric Clapton, Jon Bon Jovi, Michael Stipe, Chris Martin and more backstage at the 12-12-12 Concert to benefit the Robin Hood Fund for Sandy Relief. Final bid: $135,000
4. A private tennis lesson with French Open Champion Rafael Nadal to benefit the Rafa Nadal Foundation. Final bid: $100,000
5. A Gibson Les Paul Guitar signed by Dave Grohl, Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, Michael Stipe, Roger Daltrey, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi and more backstage at the 12-12-12 Concert to benefit the Robin Hood Fund for Sandy Relief. Final bid: $90,000
6. Join Barbra Streisand as her personal guest as she performs at her Malibu compound with hosts President Clinton, Josh Groban, David Foster and others to benefit The Women’s Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Final bid: $80,000
7. Spend the day with President Bill Clinton in NYC to benefit St. Jude’s Childrens Research Hospital. Final bid: $80,000
8. Enjoy lunch with George Clooney and Dave Karger at the exclusive Soho House West Hollywood to benefit GLSEN. Final bid: $58,000
9. Sit in on the Howard Stern Show in New York City and meet Howard and the staff, including a tour of SiriunXM Studios, to benefit the 15 Foundation. Final bid: $57,500
10. Meet Sir Paul McCartney with 2 tickets to the show of your choice and access to the pre-show sound check to benefit City of Hope. Final bid: $57,500
11. Learn from the best with a one-on-one meeting with Hollywood hit-maker Harvey Weinstein in NYC or LA to benefit The Rose Home. Final bid: $50,000
12. Meet five-time Grammy Award winner Clive Davis at a 30-minute meeting plus the chance to perform a three-song demo to benefit the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights. Final bid: $47,500