charitybuzz Top 11 of 2011
This year was an amazing year for us here at charitybuzz. Between our great nonprofit partners, generous bidders, and hard-working cbuzz family, we’ve been able to raise over $25 million for some truly worthy causes. As we bid farewell to this year, and welcome the next, here are the 11 top-earning auctions of 2011!
1. Spend a day shadowing President Clinton to benefit the Clinton Global Initiative - $255,000
2. Meet Oprah Winfrey backstage at the last taping of The Oprah Winfrey Show to benefit the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights - $105,000
3. Access the ultimate Oscars experience: attend Elton John’s AIDS Foundation Dinner and the Vanity Fair Oscar Party, walk the red carpet with the stars and be dressed and styled like a celebrity to benefit Natural Resources Defense Council - $100,000
4. Pitch your big idea to media mogul Rupert Murdoch to benefit the Global Poverty Project - $85,000
5. Enjoy a private singing or guitar lesson with legendary musician Paul Simon to benefit the Children’s Health Fund - $75,000
6. Hang out with Paul McCartney backstage at Yankee Stadium with front row VIP seats to benefit the GREEN Schools Initiative - $70,000
7. Go behind the scenes with an exclusive tour of Facebook’s headquarters with Facebook Director of Product and Firefox co-founder Blake Ross - $70,000
8. Meet Karl Lagerfeld at the ultimate Chanel Couture experience in Paris to benefit Runway to Green - $65,000
9. Fly the California skies with Harrison Ford as your co-pilot to benefit Conservation International - $65,000
10. Make your screen debut with a walk-on role on AMC’s Mad Men, starring Jon Hamm, January Jones and Christina Hendricks, to benefit the ACLU of Southern California - $60,000
11. Sit in on The Howard Stern Show at Sirius Radio and meet Howard Stern and the cast to benefit Rosie’s Theater Kids - $55,500
Thanks for a terrific year, and stay tuned for more exciting things to come in 2012!
To read more about this year’s charitybuzz highlights, check out this article on USA TODAY!